Ah, Summer! For some folks, it means a break from school or work. For some folks, it might mean more work. If you like warmer weather, it is great for you. If you like cooler weather, not so much. No matter your circumstances or your thoughts about Summer, it passes quicker than we imagine. So, the question is "Do you know what you'll do this Summer?"
If you check out our church's home page, you will see that we have some wonderful Summertime activities for you to be involved in and we welcome you to join in with us. These are opportunities to grow in your knowledge of Jesus Christ and to learn more about how to follow Him.
Here are a few more suggestions for how to spend the Summer:
- Read the New Testament all the way through at least once.
- Read the Gospel of John every week.
- Start a prayer journal with four headings: Adoration, Confession, Supplication (asking God to supply your needs), and Thanksgiving.
- Spend 15 minutes alone with God every day by yourself (and put that phone away).
- Make a short visit to someone who needs encouragement.
- Write those notes of encouragement to people that you have been waiting to have time to do.
- Go through your stuff and give away the good things that someone else can use that you never use yourself.
- Make your own list of suggestions.
Thank you for reading! We would love to have you come to see us at Southside this Summer!